Confidentially serving business owners seeking buyers for their companies and serving professionals and companies seeking to acquire great on-going businesses.
Now for Business Buyers: Legacy Guardian Advantage
Get the support you need. In the process of buying a great business, the You deserves the support and service to make the best possible decision. If this is your first business acquisition, if you are looking to move from somewhere else, or if you just wish to maximize your opportunity for a smooth, successful transition, Legacy Guardian Service is here to support you.
As you identify a business that you are interested in purchasing, there are many things you need to know and many tools you can embrace.
Here is some of what is covered in the Legacy Guardian Services program:
• Market Price Analysis – Are you paying a reasonable price? Get an idea of how the market would price this business.
• Industry Sold Comps – Get data of other businesses in the same or similar industry and what they have sold for.
• General Sold Comps – Get data of other businesses across all industries and what they have sold for.
• For Sale Comps of other businesses on the market – see pricing ratios of same or similar industry businesses for sale.
• Creating Due Diligence – Get a list of due diligence questions to better create a list of what you should be asking but might not have thought of.
• Seller’s Disclosure Request – If your Seller has not provided one, you will benefit from written confirmation as to what the Seller may or may not know about present and future concerns regarding the business you are looking at.
• Tax Record Confirmation – Make sure the records the Seller is presenting are the same the same as the ones they have sent to the IRS. We have found occasional discrepancies so why not “trust but verify”.
• Funding from a Retirement Fund (401K or IRA) – Choose the best for you. Some of the most advertised are the most expensive. We give you a choice and let you know the personal success of other clients who have used them
• Funding from Bank – SBA loans once again being provided but not all lenders like all industries. Too often, Buyers get pretty far along in the loan process only to find out that the bank has decided not to make them a loan. While there are no guarantees and no Pre-Approved SBA loans for businesses (there are Pre-Qualified SBA loans), we help find a good match for you and the business. You can talk to the banks in advance for your own Pre-Qualification.
• Contingency Consulting – Think through the contingencies that will allow you to get out of the contract to buy a business and make sure they are part of the contract before you sign and obligate yourself. Is the Non-Compete Reasonable? Consider loans, landlords, franchise approval, training protection, bills from the past operator …
• General Insights – Discussion how a particular business meets your goals. Considerations you should review such as Sufficient Working Capital, Projection of Cash Flow versus your personal needs, Smoothness of Transition, Developing a Seller to Buyer Training outline.
• Services Connection – We have had great success with many professionals in and around the state.
It is important to create your road map of how you plan to successfully run your business. Quite often, most lenders will also want to see your plan. For a very economical, yet professional solution, check out the weblink at: http://www.plansorder2005.com?refid=59 (clip and paste).
We provide services to anyone considering buying or selling a business. We are happy to answer any questions about these activities including pricing and valuation issues, exit strategies, business financing or any other subjects related to the purchase or sale of a business. We encourage you to visit the many informative areas of this website. Don’t hesitate to call us today.
We work with several franchise companies who want to expand into our area. We will only provide you general information on franchises that we feel are excellent opportunities. And, we only work with franchisors who we know will follow through in providing all of the necessary information.
In the normal course of selling businesses, we often work on the sale of existing franchises. Other than the agreement between the business and its franchisor, it is the same as selling any other existing business. We are familiar with franchise regulations and franchise requirements on the reselling of a franchise. If you are looking for a franchise opportunity, whether new or existing, we can help.
For anyone considering the purchase of a business, we offer no charge consultations and an excellent inventory of businesses for sale complete with all of the information a serious buyer would want to review. You might want to visit the Buying a Business section of our site for more articles on buying a business. There is also a Questionnaire that helps us to help you in your search for the best business for you. There is also a question and answer section that might be helpful. We are happy to answer any questions you might have that are not covered in our Buying a Business section. Visit us soon!
Selling businesses is our business and we offer complete advisory and brokerage services performed in a strictly confidential manner. If you are thinking of selling, or even considering it, why not give us a call. There is no charge for consultation and they are strictly confidential. Why not contact us today. For additional information, visit the Selling a Business section here on our site. There is also a short questionnaire there that will help us in our initial consultation.
It may not be time to sell or you may just be curious about what your business is worth. However, there are also other reasons why a business owner might require a business valuation. Such personal matters as marital or partnership issues, estate planning or other reasons may require an actual valuation of the business that can be defended if litigation is a possibility. We have the knowledge and experience to advise in these matters and to prepare the valuation if required.
Getting the highest price that the market will bring is important to anyone selling their business. We can’t tell you what that price is, but we can give you some guidelines on how to set a price. We can also advise you on how to prepare your business for sale to maximize its value to a potential buyer
The decision to sell one’s business is a serious step. We can’t make the decision to sell for you, but we can give you the information you need to help make it. We can tell you about current market conditions, pricing and structuring the business so it will sell, getting it ready for sale and answer any other questions you might. You may also want to review the articles under Selling Your Business that is also available on our site.
We have affiliations with many different services that offer financing, SBA funding, franchises and accounting. We can provide the names of attorneys that are very familiar with small business and business transfer services. We belong to various websites that provide us with businesses all over the country as well as associations that provide us with networking capabilities. We also have lists of business intermediaries that specialize in very specific type business whose services we can call on if required. If it’s about the privately-held business we can help!