29 Jul DUE DILIGENCE CHECKLIST – Sample ONLY!!!
Legacy Business Sales at BuyBizUSA.com
DUE DILIGENCE CHECKLIST – Sample ONLY. Tailor your list to the specific business. Speak with your business broker, business attorney, and business accountant when you go to sell a business or buy a business. If you seek a business broker in Tampa Fl, reach us at 833.Buy-Biz1 (833-289-2491)
Business Name: _________________________________
- ______ Tax Returns: 2015 2016 2017
- ______ Financial Statements: 2015 2016
2020 through Year-To-Date
- ______ Copy of monthly business bank statements for 2019 through Year-To-Date
- ______ Copy of sales use tax statements for 2019 through Year-To-Date
- ______ Copy of merchant account statements for 2019 through Year-To-Date
- ______ Copy of all W-2’s and 1099’s for: 2017 2018 2019
- ______ List of assets – inventory, receivables, machinery and equipment, real estate, leasehold improvements.
- ______ Company ownership structure. Listing of shareholders and key managers showing name and shares owned.
- ______ Are there any liens, mortgages or code violations on the property? If yes, please give name of creditor and amount owed.
10. ______ Has there been past litigation relating to this property? Select Yes or No 11. ______ Is there any ongoing litigation relating to this property? Select Yes or No 12. ______ Is the business current on all taxes? Select Yes or No
13. ______ Most recent year W-2 statements for owners and key employees
14. ______ Copies of all insurance policies (declaration pages, binders, etc.) 15. ______ Last year audited by IRS (if any)
16. ______ Does your business have a website? Select Yes or No
Listing ID: ______________
2017 2018 2019
If so, what’s the domain name:________________________________________ 17. ______ Does your business have social media? Select Yes or No
If so, please list:____________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________
18. ______ Copies of all invoices for the past year and any other payments to vendors. 19. ______ All statements or payments to customers for the past year.